Thursday, June 11, 2009

Apple Vinegar Kit Kat

Despite trying the Lemon Vinegar Kit Kat and liking it, I was still nervous about eating the Apple Vinegar Kit Kat. Words can evoke powerful emotions and just seeing the word Vinegar and Kit Kat next to each other made me want to saw ewwwww before even opening the package. I've come to the conclusion however that "vinegar" must mean something completely different in Japanese because the Apple Vinegar Kit Kat was surprisingly tasty and there was no hint of vinegar about it and like the Lemon Vinegar there is a picture of some drink on the box. Apple Cider maybe?

Once I finally broke down and ate it, I liked it. It was white chocolate, but I had tea to drink with it so I could overlook that minor flaw. It certainly smelled of apple. I've noticed that all of these flavors have been very pleasing in the olfactory department. That's the only thing the Rose Kit Kat had going for it. But the Apple Vinegar tasted as good as it smelled. The first bite I thought it was a little too sweet. The more I tasted it though the better it got. It was very apple-ly. I'd say a Pink Lady or Fuji apple because it was a little tart. The white chocolate was probably a good choice in the end because the tartness of the apple flavor balanced well with the sweetness of the chocolate. By the end of the first two fingers I was a fan. Now if they could just get rid of the vinegar in the name it would be perfect.

1 comment: